Welcome back to day 17 of our #30daysofmonkeymarketing. If you’ve been following along, you know we chatted about Facebook and Instagram and now it’s time to talk about Google My Business. Google My Business might not be a tool every business will need to use, but if you have a storefront, offer a service, etc., Google My Business is a must!
To get started with Google My Business, you will need to create an account. Here’s how:
- Create a new Google account
- Head to google.com/business
- Next, you will want to enter your business name. If your business is already claimed (this can happen) you will want to tap the “request access” button. This might take a bit to get confirmation
- Enter the location of your business and specify your service area
- Choose the category that best fits your business
- Add your business\’s contact information
- Complete the verification process
It’s a little lengthier than some of the other platforms we’ve chatted about, but with Google being the number one search engine in the world, having a Google My Business allows your business to been seen.
Stay tuned as we will be diving deep into the world of Google My Business this week!